It’s a jungle out there. Every day, millions of Americans go about their normal routine, never expecting that this is the day they will be injured through no fault of their own. Every day, thousands of them will find their lives turned upside down by an injury or accident they didn’t see coming.
Car accidents, dog bites, falling trees, malfunctioning consumer products – the list of hazards in our modern society is endless, and for most of us it’s a question of when – not if – we will find ourselves in a situation where we have been harmed and someone else is to blame.
Medical bills, damaged property, lost time at work, even a permanent disability – the results of an injury or accident can be devastating and life-altering. Even the most financially secure family can find themselves facing bills they can’t pay when catastrophe strikes.
When someone else’s recklessness or negligence is responsible, an experienced personal injury attorney can ensure that you receive the compensation and justice you rightfully deserve under the law. The attorneys at Cumalander Adcock have decades of experience between them obtaining fair and just resolution for their clients.
Why hire an attorney?
- The insurance company is not your friend. Their objective is to pay as little as they can get away with to resolve your claim. You may only find yourself in a position of dealing with an insurance company once in your life, but they do it every day. Fortunately for our clients, we do it every day too and know how to negotiate with an insurance company to get you the maximum compensation for your damages. The insurance companies have professionals working hard for them to dispose of your claim. You should have a team working for you, too, and the team at Cumalander Adcock has the experience and toughness to fight effectively to protect your rights.
- There can be complicated legal issues associated with any personal injury or property damage claim, and a single misstep can result in lower compensation for you or even outright denial of your claim. Insurance adjusters will typically ask you to give a recorded statement, and then use your words to find reasons to deny or devalue your claim. Speaking with an attorney before speaking to the insurance company can help you avoid some common mistakes.
- The insurance company will ask you to provide medical bills and records, property values, comparisons to property similar to yours, and other documentation. Dealing with medical providers to obtain your records and billing statements can often be almost as frustrating as dealing with the insurance company, and you should be spending your time and effort on getting well after an injury – not filling out forms and waiting on hold. Our team has experience dealing with medical providers and established relationships with local hospitals and their third-party billing departments. Let our team handle the paperwork for you, and keep your focus where it belongs.
Why hire the Cumalander Adcock team?
- We offer free initial consultations and, if necessary, can schedule a consultation in your home if getting to our offices is an issue. You have plenty to worry about after an accident, and we strive to make our part of the process as easy and painless as possible.
- In most cases, you will not be billed for our services unless we are successful in obtaining your compensation for your damages. That means you will never be charged any attorney’s fee unless we resolve the case in your favor.
- Our attorneys are experienced litigators and courtroom lawyers with decades of practice and hundreds of successful cases between them.
- Cumalander Adcock is not a lawsuit factory, and you won’t see our lawyers in TV commercials. We are deliberate and intentional about the cases we take on, no matter how large or small the claim may be. Big law firms with billboards and commercials make their money by taking on as many cases as they can, and will sometimes turn away cases that are “too small” or “too hard.” We approach every case in the same way and give it the attention it deserves regardless of how “big” a claim it may be. Most importantly, we take deserving cases that have complications or issues that make them more of a challenge and don’t shy away from the difficult cases just because they’ll require more time or some out-of-the-box thinking. In fact, it’s fighting the challenging cases that we like most.
- We live, work, and raise our children in this community, and believe strongly in providing quality legal representation to our neighbors. Our offices are local and welcoming, so you won’t have to worry about driving around Raleigh looking for parking just to come by and see us.
When you hire our team, you will deal with your attorney – not an “intake” staff member or an online portal. We pride ourselves on our commitment to serving our clients and knowing them as individuals, and not as merely a file number. Medical providers and insurance companies may treat you as an account or a claim number, but at Cumalander Adcock you are treated with compassion, respect, and as a person in need of help that only a dedicated team of lawyers can provide. You can expect to be kept informed about the status of your case, and our attorneys are always available to answer your questions, including after regular business hours when necessary.