Business & Civil Litigation
The attorneys at Cumalander Adcock are experienced at handling a wide variety of business disputes in mediation, arbitration, and all levels of North Carolina’s trial courts, including complex cases before the North Carolina Business Court.
Business litigation varies in complexity, scope, and size. Our attorneys are courtroom lawyers, and have decades of experience representing small businesses, individuals, corporate directors and officers, and shareholders in many types of disputes, from business torts like fraud and breach of fiduciary duty to commercial actions such as breach of contract and unfair and deceptive trade practices.
Litigation is time-consuming, expensive, and a distraction from your company’s normal operations.
Our attorneys begin by evaluating your matter and developing a plan designed to achieve a swift and effective resolution without resorting to litigation.
When litigation becomes unavoidable, we pride ourselves on our reputation for handling litigation on behalf of our clients in an aggressive, efficient, and professional manner. If you are being sued, our attorneys can help you analyze the merits of the claims against you and work with you to develop a solid defense strategy.
If you are weighing whether to attempt litigation to enforce your own rights, our attorneys will evaluate your issue and potential claims to determine not only the merits of your claims and the likelihood of success, but also whether the expense involved with obtaining any potential remedy makes good financial sense for your business.
Our clients appreciate that we are outcome-focused, and work closely with our business clients to manage their litigation in a goal-oriented and cost-effective way to achieve the best possible results at a reasonable cost.
Let us partner with you on the legal matters facing your business, so you can get back to focusing on what you do best – growing your business.
- Contract disputes and breach of contract actions
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Employment litigation
- Buy/sell agreements and promissory notes
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Business torts, including fraud and misrepresentation, civil conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duty, and constructive fraud claims
- White collar crime and RICO
- Financial adviser or broker fraud and misrepresentation
- Bad faith dealings and insurance bad faith
- Shareholder Disputes
- Lien Enforcement Actions
- Governmental Regulatory Disputes
- CommercialReal Estate Disputes
- Construction LawMatters
- Debtor/Creditor and Collections Actions
- Arbitration, mediation, and alternative dispute resolution
- Business dissolution and wind-up disputes